Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It's the Final Countdown (da nu naa nu...)

Excerpt of an email with a friend:

"no post-travel plans. I don't want to have any plans while I travel. this trip is about absolute and complete Freedom. mental, geographic, financial (well, to some extent...) etc. I want nothing weighing on me. I don't even have an end date to the trip.

that being said--there are two headhunters who have been actively recruiting me for a while... one call to them and I can easily get a job. just not sure I want to keep doing sales. I'm good at it, but it's not very fulfilling. working for relix is (rather, was) quite fulfilling. my passion and love for the subject matter easily outweighed the "used car salesman" feeling that every sales person feels (whether he admits it or not). so, if an opportunity came up for a travel, music, food, wine or backgammon magazine, I'd probably jump on it. otherwise, I'll wait until the right opportunity finds me.

and who knows, maybe I'll fall in love with a quaint beach town and open up a hostel. or become a sushi chef. or write a travel book. or just keep a pack on my back and live the dharma bum life for 10 years...

the possibilities for us are endless, and at this point in my life, it's the best feeling in the world."

That's exactly the mindset both of us are in. And it's amazing... :)

No comments: